Calling All Young Poets!
You have the amazing opportunity to enter the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award. The competition is a poetry competition aimed at young people aged 11 – 17. The competition has kick-started the careers of some of today’s most exciting new poets and it is the largest competition of its kind!
The competition invites young poets from around the world to share their poetry and welcomes poems on any theme and any length.
Winners receive a fantastic range of prizes, from mentoring to a residential writing course, Poetry Society membership to books. The Poetry Society also continues to support winners’ development with performance, publication, and internship opportunities.
- The competition is completely free to enter and entrants must be aged 11 – 17.
- The poem must be your own work and must only have one author.
- Poems must be written in English, but can include words or phrases from different languages.
- You can enter more than one poem.
- Entries cannot be returned so keep a copy of your work.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree that their poems and data may be used by The Poetry Society.
- The competition welcomes poems on any theme and any length – your poem can be about anything!
- The closing date to send over your poems is July 20th 2020.
- If you are aged 11 – 12, your parent or carer must complete the online permission form, found on the Foyle Website.
- Parents and carers of pupils aged 13 and over must send an email giving permission for their child to enter the competition. Permission emails should be sent to email@example.com (Miss. Tucker, English Teacher).
Judges are looking for imagination, creativity and originality so get writing!
I look forward to receiving your entries!
Please email over your poems to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the online permission form if needed. Remember all pupils will need to ask parents and carers to email their permission to the above address. For more information visit: https://poetrysociety.org.uk/competitions/foyle-young-poets-of-the-year-award/