The key learning areas in Drama are:
Drama is an exciting subject which allows children of all abilities to learn how to express themselves and their ideas. Drama gives pupils the confidence and skills necessary to progress both academically and socially, teaching them about themselves and the world around them through the exploration of Themes and Play texts.
Aims of the Department:
- To encourage all children to take part.
- To develop an awareness of the world around them and their place in it.
- To introduce a range of skills that help to build confidence and self-esteem.
- To explore plays and develop a deeper understanding of play-texts and literature.
- To develop imagination
- To make drama come alive.
Topics / Areas of Study
Year 9 / 11(GCSE Drama)
- Explorative strategies
- Drama medium
- Drama element
- Script analysis
- Language and movement